Located on the North end of Caye Caulker in Belize, you’ll find Koko King, a white sandy beach, pool and restaurant/bar. If you’re searching for things to do on your trip to Caye Caulker, a trip to Koko King Beach is a must! Use this guide to help you plan your trip.
How to get from Caye Caulker to Koko King
To get from Caye Caulker to Koko King, you’ll take a two-minute water taxi at the end of Calle de Sol. The boat leaves Caye Caulker every 30 minutes from 6:45 am to midnight, and the ride is free if you spend $10 Belize ($5 US) at the restaurant.
Arrive early to avoid the crowd.
How to pack for the Ultimate Caye Caulker Vacation:
- Bathing suits – I love Vitamin A, LSPACE, and dk active.
- Flowy Dresses – These are some of my favorite boho brands.
- Shorts and Casual Tees – Opt for comfortable and breathable fabrics.
- Comfortable flats or slides
- Hats for sun protection – I love boho style hats and straw hats.
- A lightweight rain jacket
- Travel Bag – I usually travel with a carryon, but I always bring a backpack or small bag for hiking and beach days.
Join my email list and get The Insta ToolKit, a Guide on how to grow your brand and boost your Instagram engagement. Get travel + lifestyle blog posts and updates sent directly to your inbox.
What to do in Koko King Beach
When you arrive at Koko King, you’ll see swings on the dock and a white sandy beach. There are floating daybeds where you can book for the day. During the day, you can relax at the beach, and at night Koko King Beach turns into a dance party. Once a month there is a full moon party.
There are tubes you can borrow to float in the ocean, a giant raft to lounge in with your friends, and a big blow-up floaty that’s perfect to entertain the kids. You can also rent a standup paddleboard or pay to use the pool.
Where to stay in Koko King
Stay on a remote paradise at the We’Yu Boutique Hotel in Koko King Beach. While anyone can take a water taxi to Koko King beach, hotel guests are welcome to use the pool and all the facilities. A complimentary cocktail and continental breakfast are included with your stay.
Getting back to Caye Caulker
When you’re ready to go back to Caye Caulker, head to the same dock you arrived at and wait for the next boat ride.
- Dive the Blue Hole.
- Snorkel with sharks at the Hol Chan Marine Reserve and Shark Ray Alley.
- Chill at the Split.
- Jump off the diving board at the Split.
- Eat lobster.
- Dance to Reggae music.
- Try a Belkin beer.
Snorkel with sharks
Hol Chan Marine Reserve is one of the top snorkeling destinations in Caye Caulker Belize, and once you take a dip in the water, you’ll understand why. Home to turtles, manatees, nurse sharks and vibrant coral the water is warm and crystal clear. When visiting Belize, no trip is complete without a visit to the Belize Barrier reef – the largest barrier reef in the northern hemisphere.
Belize City to Caye Caulker
From the airport in Belize City, a cab will cost you $25 US to the water taxi. From there, I recommend purchasing a round-trip ticket to Caye Caulker for a better deal. One way tickets will cost you $18 US and the boats leave several times a day.
Where to stay in Caye Caulker
- La Isla Resort – Amazing oceanfront views, and just a 2-minute walk from the Water Taxi dock.
- Sea Dreams Hotel – Sea Dreams Hotel has free bikes, a bar, terrace, and the hotel features family rooms.
- Colinda Cabanas – All rooms come with bottled water and large outdoor patios. Bicycles, kayaks, and snorkel gear included.
- Sea n sun Guest House – Free bikes to use during your stay. 100 m from the Split.
- Go Slow Guesthouse – Hostel with a garden, barbecue facilities, and a terrace.
Where to Stay – I use Airbnb Coupon and Booking.com to search for the best places to stay. Get $40 off your first stay on Airbnb. Use this link to book your next stay. If you already have an account on Airbnb, the discount won’t apply.
Travel Credit Card: Want a credit card with no foreign transaction fees? I use the United Explorer Card for all my travel purchases.
- Snorkeling in Caye Caulker, Belize – Hol Chan Marine Reserve
- Mystic River Resort: An Eco-Luxury Hotel in San Ignacio, Belize
- Amazing Things To Do in Caye Caulker – Belize Travel Guide
This site contains affiliate links. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Thanks for your support!