Wondering what to add to your baby registry? Not sure what to buy for your little one? In this minimalist baby registry checklist guide, you’ll find items you’ll use since day 1.
If you feel overwhelmed by all the options out there, I don’t blame you. I felt the same way. This baby essentials checklist is for parents who don’t want to end up with a bunch of stuff they won’t use (or clutter.)
These are items that my partner and I use ALL. THE. TIME now that we’re new parents.
Every parent has their own style; I hope these baby registry essentials help take the stress out of figuring out what you’ll need for your little one.
You may also like:
- Postpartum Recovery Checklist: Tips + Essential Items For New Moms
- Pregnancy Journal Prompts: 35 Ideas For What To Write During Pregnancy
Stuff you Really Need on Your Minimalist Baby Registry
I’ve linked a lot of the products that I put on my registry. We created one on Amazon. Keep in mind, you can also buy many of these things secondhand. Set up an alert on Facebook marketplace, to get notified when someone in your area is selling something on your shopping list.Baby Best Sellers
Tip: You’ll probably get a lot of newborn clothes from friends and family, so don’t spend your money on clothes your little one might not wear for long.
- Crib/Bassinet Sheets
- Mattress pads for bassinet and crib – We have two of each.
- Baby Monitor
- Night Light – We love this one!
(We didn’t buy a sound machine, but I use my phone to play white noise and lullabies on Spotify.)
- Baby bathtub – You can probably do without this if you really don’t have space for it.
- Rinser Bath Cup
- Coconut oil
- Play Mat – This one folds up and comes with a convenient bag to carry it.
- Play Gym
- Bouncer/Swing – The BabyBjorn bouncer wasn’t on our registry, but we recently bought it and love it!
Feeding Essentials Checklist
- Boon Twig + Lawn
- Bristle Bottle Brush
- Baby Bottle Cleaner
- Haakaa Breast Pump – I use this silicone breast pump while breastfeeding.
- Medela Breast Pump – Invest in the double pump to save time.
- Milk Storage Containers
- Burp Cloths
- Changing pad
- Wipes – Stock up!
- Wipes Dispenser – Keeps wipes fresh and easy to access.
- Diaper Bin
- Rash Cream – A friend of mine introduced me to this brand, and we’re now hooked.
Baby Travel Essentials
- Uppababy Stroller/Pram with Bassinet
- Car Seat
- Diaper bag – I love this backpack style because it’s spacious and functional.
- Wet/Dry Bag
- Wrap Carrier
- Baby Grooming Kit – This travel kit comes with a Thermometer, Nail Clippers, Brush, Comb + more.
- Nose Frida Nasal Aspirator – You’ll be glad you have this.
For Your Hospital Bag
- Onesies – Long sleeves and short sleeves
- Diaper Rash Cream
- Baby Socks
- Nursing Bras
Related: Ethical Brand Spotlight: Cake Maternity Nursing Bras
When Baby Gets Older
- Outlet Plug Covers
- Clothes for 3 months old +
Related: Where to Buy Gender-Neutral Baby Clothes
Conclusion: Minimalist Baby Registry Checklist
When creating your list, keep in mind that every parent will have an opinion on what they consider essential. These are the things we used and loved. I hope this list helps you sort out what YOUR baby registry must-haves will be. If you have any questions or feedback, don’t hesitate to reach out.
What do you wish you added to your baby registry or hospital bag? Leave your tips/suggestions in the comments to help other new parents.
Related: Baby Travel Essentials: Packing Checklist For An Infant Under 6 Months
1 thought on “Minimalist Baby Registry Checklist – What You Really Need”
I love that you included the Haakaa, it is such a useful tool for the first time mom. I didn’t know about it until after my son was born. Thanks for sharing this and showing new moms what they really need.