Loved by free spirits and gypsy souls, boho fashion is relaxed, feminine, eclectic, and carefree. These boho wardrobe essentials for Spring/Summer are investment pieces that work for every season.
From flowy maxi dresses to the must-have leather jacket that you’ll wear for years to come, here’s your guide to creating a chic boho capsule wardrobe. We’re confident you’ll be able to transition these minimalist essentials from season to season.
Elevate Your Wardrobe with these Boho Fashion Essentials
This site contains affiliate links. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. Thanks for your support!
Ultimate Boho Chic Style Guide for Spring/Summer
Wearing: London Maxi Dress – Salty Crush
1. The Perfect Maxi Dress
Every boho babe needs a maxi dress in their collection. Wear it to the beach or brunch with friends. Style it with ankle boots in Spring or gladiator sandals for a more beachy look. Choose from floral or bold prints to suit your style. It’s a go-to staple summer dress for weekend getaways and casual affairs.
2. Leather Jacket
If you’re going to invest in one quality piece that you’ll wear forever, this is it! A leather jacket goes with everything. It’s tough, yet feminine and looks fantastic layered with dresses, skirts, or denim. Wondering what shoes to wear with them? Anything goes.
3. A Maxi Skirt
The beauty of a maxi skirt is that you can wear it with anything to elevate your look. They’re flattering for every shape. We love a classic wrap skirt or a subtle hi-low hemline. Throw it over your favorite swimsuit for the perfect beach day outfit. Wear it with a graphic tee and sneakers for a casual outing.
How to Style a Bohemian Flowy Skirt
- Bikini top, boho hat and chunky necklace with flats
- Graphic tee, sandals, and a fringe bag
- Flowy blouse, belt, and your favorite jewelry
- Chunky knit, cowboy boots, and a belt
4. Boho Wardrobe Essentials: Bold Prints
Need a wardrobe refresh? A printed maxi dress or skirt can take your look to the next level. If you want to make a statement, Kivari’s latest collection embraces a classic, vintage leopard print. If you’re after neutral print tones that are a major boho vibe, you’ll want to check out Salty Crush.
5. Must-Have Flowy Blouse
A boho blouse is easy to wear with jeans, maxi skirts, or shorts. Whether you prefer a tank top style or floral print bohemian design, these effortlessly stylish tops are essential for any minimalist boho capsule wardrobe.
6. Cozy Knits + Cardigans
A chunky knit or sweater is one of those essential items that you can wear every day in Spring. They add that extra layer of protection when the weather is cool but not cold enough for a jacket. Neutral tones that are lightweight and durable are always a plus! Style with jeans, maxi skirts, dresses, or shorts.
7. Bohemian Chic Fashion attire: The Mini Dress
Cute, comfortable, and stylish. A classic mini dress is easy to style, and it’s an item that you can wear year-round. In the warmer months, pair it with sandals or sneakers. During the colder months, add tights, a cozy sweater, and your favorite go-to boots.
8. Boho Jewelry + Accessories
Want to stand out and make a statement? Jewelry, scarves, hats, headbands, and handbags can completely switch up the look of any bohemian outfit. If you’re worried about wearing the same items over and over again, wear boho jewelry like chunky necklaces or a turquoise ring to switch things up.
9. Embrace Fringe
For the bohemian girl who loves chic and hippie style, add some fringe to your closet. Look for fun handbags, vests, or wide-leg pants with fringe detailing.
Shop Fringe Pants
Tips for Creating a Minimalist Capsule Wardrobe
- Neutral Tones – These colors are easy to style and go with everything. Try color blocking or add a fun print with a neutral sweater.
- Accessorize – Necklaces, earrings, handbags, and hats. Invest in your favorite pieces to create different looks that you can dress up or dress down.
- Everyday Essentials – When shopping for clothes, think season to season. Most of the items we mentioned on this list can be worn year-round. Add an accessory or coat for winter, and always layer.
- If you don’t wear it, donate it. There’s no sense in keeping something in your closet if you’re never going to use it. Give your fashion pieces a new life by donating stuff you don’t need.
- Keep it versatile. When creating your capsule wardrobe, you don’t have to focus on how many pieces to include in your collection. When shopping, think about the different ways you can wear each piece. If it’s one-time wear, then it might not be worth the investment.
- If it’s damaged, repair it. Quality clothing is made to last, but garments can show signs of wear. Read the label to care and wash your clothes properly. If you can’t sew a missing button, patch up a hole, or remove a stain, ask a friend or a seamstress for help.
- Shop mindfully. When buying something new, ask yourself – Will I wear this more than once? Can this be styled in different ways? Will I love this in a few years?
Conclusion: Boho Vibes for Spring/Summer
From flowy tops, maxi dresses, knits, wedges, and fringe tassel details add these boho wardrobe essentials to your capusule collection. Planning a weekend rendezvous or adventure to the beach? Style a graphic tee with a flowy skirt and a classic boho hat. Need something elegant to wear to a wedding? Wrap dresses in flowy floral prints are ideal.
If you love bohemian fashion, sign up for our newsletter to get Travel, Lifestyle + Style inspiration, guides, and free resources.
You may also like:
- Affordable Boho Brands: Where to Shop for Bohemian Clothing
- Boho Outfit Ideas: How to Wear Boho Outfits in Winter
- The Best Boho Brands: Bohemian Styles You’ll Love
- Best-Dressed Guest: What to Wear to a Wedding