Aloha and Welcome!
I’m Alejandra Cerball, but you can call me Alex. I’m a journalist, writer, and travel blogger. My goal is to inspire you to live life to the fullest.
In 2006, I began my career as a news reporter, but in the summer of 2017, I took a break from the business to explore the world. I sold most of my belongings, packed a suitcase, and started a new adventure.
Even though I’ve visited 27 countries (most of them alone), I still feel as if I haven’t even scratched the surface. Life is short, and I hope to continue to meet new friends from all over the world and immerse myself in new cultures, languages, and spontaneous experiences.
I started this blog as an outlet for storytelling, photography, and travel. Here you’ll find travel guides to some of my favorite places, tips on solo travel, adventure travel, and couples escapes. If you like what you read, please consider subscribing to my newsletter, or leaving a comment if you enjoyed a post. I’d love to hear from you!
WORK WITH ME:
You hold the key to designing your dream life. Believe in yourself and know that it’s never too late to start over. I hope to motivate you to start exploring or inspire you to step out of your comfort zone!
- KHON2, Hawaii – News Reporter/Live Desk Anchor
- Al Jazeera’s AJ+ – Freelance Video Journalist
- KRON4, San Francisco – Fill in Anchor/Reporter
- Union-Tribune, San Diego – Anchor/Travel reporter
- KGTV, San Diego – Anchor/Reporter
- KYMA, Arizona – Anchor/Reporter
- Fluent in Spanish
- Member of the National Association of Hispanic Journalists (Former Vice President of the San Diego Chapter)
- 4 Society of Professional Journalists awards
- 2 San Diego Press Club awards
- Experience shooting, editing and hosting news and travel videos
SPJ Hawaii Awards
- Government Reporting – “Ems Closures” – 2016
- Spot News Reporting – “More than 30 dogs rescued in animal cruelty investigation in Kahaluu” – 2016
- Business Reporting – “Kakaako Food Pantry Forced to Close” – 2016
- General News/Enterprise Reporting – “Emotional father of son killed in moped accident cleans up vandalized memorial” – 2015