Aloha and Welcome!
I’m Alejandra Cerball, but you can call me Alex.
I’m a journalist, writer, and travel blogger who loves to pursue dreams and inspire you to live life to the fullest.
I’ve worked in TV news since 2006, but in the summer of 2017, I took a break from the business to explore the world. It wasn’t easy to say goodbye to my friends and life in Hawaii, but I sold most of my belongings, packed a carry-on suitcase and haven’t looked back since.
(In 2012, I backpacked in South America for six months and in 2014 I took several months off to travel in South East Asia. So yes, I love to travel and I’m able to do it because I make it a priority.)
Even though I’ve traveled to 23 countries (most of them alone), I still feel as if I haven’t even scratched the surface. Life is short, and I hope to continue to make new friendships and immerse myself in new cultures, languages and spontaneous experiences.
If you like what you read, please consider subscribing to my newsletter, or leaving a comment if you enjoyed a post. I’d love to hear from you!
“You hold the key to designing your dream life.
Believe in yourself and never think it’s too late to start over.
I hope to motivate you to start exploring or inspire you to step out of your comfort zone!” – Alex Cerball
- KHON2, Hawaii – News Reporter/Live Desk Anchor
- Al Jazeera’s AJ+ – Freelance Video Journalist
- KRON4, San Francisco – Fill in Anchor/Reporter
- Union-Tribune, San Diego – Anchor/Travel reporter
- KGTV, San Diego – Anchor/Reporter
- KYMA, Arizona – Anchor/Reporter
- KTTV, Los Angeles – News Assistant
- HER Magazine – Staff writer
- Butiqe app – Contributor
- Fluent in Spanish
- Member of the National Association of Hispanic Journalists (Former Vice President of the San Diego Chapter)
- 4 Society of Professional Journalists awards
- 2 San Diego Press Club awards
- Experience shooting, editing and hosting news and travel videos
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: @alexcerball
- Facebook: @alexcerball
- Twitter: @alexcerball
- Snapchat: @alexcerball
SPJ AWARDS: SOCIETY OF PROFESSIONAL JOURNALISTS HAWAII CHAPTER
- Government Reporting – “Ems Closures” – 2016
- Spot News Reporting – “More than 30 dogs rescued in animal cruelty investigation in Kahaluu” – 2016
- Business Reporting – “Kakaako Food Pantry Forced to Close” – 2016
- General News/Enterprise Reporting – “Emotional father of son killed in moped accident cleans up vandalized memorial” -2015